You guys – as of February 2019, Harmonious Union Events will officially be 4 years old!!
Back when I was rental coordinator at Madison Children’s Museum, I began to get the itch that I wanted to do something more. I enjoyed the industry, the clients, the vendors, and what I was doing. I come from a family of entrepreneurs and always wanted to do something for myself (and honestly, just be able to take a vacation whenever I wanted :p). After some encouragement from a few wonderful friendors, HUE was born!
I’m humbled by all of the things we’ve accomplished in our first five seasons, including but not limited to:
- Growing to a team instead of just a Sarah, allowing us to serve more clients to the fullest while maintaining important work/life balance
- The ability to provide much more than just event planning services, including floral and design, rentals, and venue consulting
- Building strong relationships with many vendors around the entire state of Wisconsin and beyond
- Continually growing our area of service past Madison – including events in Milwaukee, Lake Country, Spring Green, Green Lake and Sheboygan
- Attending numerous conferences, retreats, and workshops locally and across the country to continually grow in what we do and be able to provide the highest level of service to our clients
- And of course, working with SO many amazing clients over the years, and continuing to watch them grow themselves in life after marriage
- Special Bonus: A new office coming soon to cultivate our creativity and relationships! Stay tuned!
For the longest time, I didn’t know if this would always be a side gig or if I would actually try to make it my livelihood one day. I’d like to credit some amazing inspiration at Camp Wed 2016 for helping solidify the decision to really go for this, and am aiming to be full time by the end of this year. I feel lucky every day that I’m in a position to even consider this as an option.
So thank you. Thank you to my clients, my vendors, my team, my family, my friends, and all of you who read this. Here’s to many more years of plans, cheers and celebration!
(My first wedding – Cathy and Trent!)
Featured Photo: George Street Photo